Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Evaluation - Art Fund - Live Project



Starting the process I researched various graphic campaigns to get an idea of what I could design. The library helped me to find great advertisements and different designs. Regarding to that I realised that research should always be the first step before starting to design my own graphics because even though I did not know what to create I got inspired by other designer and were able to pitch my strongest ideas.

The pitch helped me to decide what idea I want to focus on and how I could develop it. My peer members shared their thoughts and gave suggestions which helped me to get a better understanding of my outcome. I also learned that it is important to be confident in what I represent so I am able to convince my audience (in this case collectives) from my idea.
Because we always practice sharing our designs and ideas in front of others I am now confident talking about my designs. It is easier for me to take critics and transfer them into my work than in the beginning of this Foundation Course.

However when I started looking at memes and phrases I could use I got lost in creating a meme that combines comedy and art. Referring to that I did not focus on selling the product, namely Student Art Pass, anymore which was what the task ask me to do. Furthermore my design looked like a meme but not like an actual graphic campaign.


To improve on that I looked for different phrases which talk about the Student Art Pass and sell them. I furthermore thought about a story I could create using three different memes connected to each other. The story started with a person who wasted money because he/she doesn't have the Art Pass. This would be connected to the second meme by a curvy line based on the Art Fund Style. This one shows a student being happy because he/she does not have to spend as much money on exhibitions as his/her friends. The last meme, also connected with this line, represents the Student Art Pass.
Because I used the colours of the Student Art Pass, phrases selling it as well as the company's design the memes look more like a campaign than just random pictures and relate to the product.


Looking at students as my target audience I am convinced that I developed a campaign which is based on their interests and raises attention. Designing memes which can be shared on social media is a good way to reach a wide range of students because they are most of their time online. Combining comedy with art is also something new which attracts attention.


Overall, I am happy with my outcome. During my process I had some difficulties with transferring the idea of a meme into an original graphic design instead of some random memes. However, I think that I managed it well and came up with a good campaign.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

British Values - Individual Liberty

The country Britain not only stands against terrorism and discrimination but also fights against those issues to protect society. The Prevent Strategy was set up in 2006 by the government to stop people supporting terrorism or becoming terrorists. The strategy is subdivided in three major aspects which are challenging the ideology that stands for terrorism, protecting innocent people and supporting those sectors which have a risk of radicalization. To prevent that young adults or even children turn into terrorists the government developed the Equality Act in 2010 which tackles inequality and prevents discrimination against people with 'protected characteristics' inside public schools. Examples for 'protected characteristics' are the age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, the religion, etcetera. In fact of that the British Values are defined as "democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with differe

Portfolio

Designing a great and unique portfolio is one of the most important things to get into a good university or a job. The main aim is to show the best of my work. Regarding to that it is not just about final outcomes but also about experimentation and variation. A good portfolio reflects you as a creative designer, your knowledge about techniques and you  variety . To show that it is necessary to think about the layout and the typography representing your best works. The placement of your images and the scale of them also needs to be considered to make a good impression.  Basically your portfolio is a vital element that shows  your   ability of  conceptual thinking. This past week I concentrated on designing the most Strong portfolio I could create. To be able to that I was looking at all my work that I have done during the last few month choosing the strongest ones. I included different techniques to show off my knowledge and way of experimenting. Furthermore I included s

Create Your Identity

This project helped me to understand what a brand is and how to develop one. Before I started creating a brand which shows my own personality we had to answer a couple questions in collectives. What is the purpose of a brand? Answering the question a brand creates an identity, makes a company unique and recognizable as well as communicates value and quality to the customer. What is an excellent example of self-promotion and why? The brand NIKE is well known around the world and promises the company's value of their products. Because of NIKE having symbiotic relationships with for example celebrities the brand promoting itself to a wide range of people. Is a brand a company, a product, or a person? Discuss and state why. A brand is everything at ones. Basically is a brand developed as soon as somebody or something owns something. For instance a musician who own its songs. When this person decides to create its own collection a brand starts to grow. How do