Direkt zum Hauptbereich

FMP Proposal


The Final Mayor project is an eight weeks long project on a topic which I have to decide.
To begin the project I need to write a proposal explaining the concept and aim of the project i am planing on doing. It can be anything such as advertising or graphic campaigns.
Starting with a huge brain storming that shows themes I am interested in and ideas. I Split the mind map in four different topics, diabetes, social problems during different centuries, the danger of nightlife and globalisation.
To think of more details and write down more ideas about each topic I also did mind maps on each single theme. While doing those I payed attention to think of questions that interests me and on which I could focus doing the project.




My peer members helped me to sort out ideas which were not that important, focus and improve those which I could develop in my further process.
Starting with initial ideas I formed proper questions out of them for which I could collect research. Not only on the two themes “how does graphic design informs society and how could this be improved?” and “how can graphic design inform society about the dangers of nightlife?” but also on what I could design to show inform people.

I looked for secondary research like books, magazines, videos, websites and articles that bases on my topics.
The reason for me choosing two completely different theme is that I can find out if I am actually able to find any research and if I get ideas about designs during the process. In case that i would not be able to do so I would not have to think about another completely different idea and start all over again but could continue with the theme I like the most.
Both of my topics interests me a lot. Because I did research on completely different themes I had some variation which I enjoyed.

After I got an overall idea and gathered some knowledge about my themes I went to several exhibitions and galleries such as the Wellcome Collection and photographers gallery to look for inspirations.
I liked the idea of designing something interactive which would attract young adults. Furthermore I enjoyed looking at the usage of space, typography and modern magazines.
As I spent some time with the theme I discovered details I did not now about before and enjoyed learning more facts.
Because my target audience are 16 until 25 years old people i also thought about creating an online website. That gave me the idea of actually designing a published magazine and an online version of it.
To be able to evaluate my exhibition trips I took photographs and sketched. Furthermore I organised an interview with a diabetics and looked at some online.
That showed me how important it is to look at different opinions to draw my own. Additionally, videos express a lot more feelings than written articles which is also important to know so I would be able to respond to them. 










Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

British Values - Individual Liberty

The country Britain not only stands against terrorism and discrimination but also fights against those issues to protect society. The Prevent Strategy was set up in 2006 by the government to stop people supporting terrorism or becoming terrorists. The strategy is subdivided in three major aspects which are challenging the ideology that stands for terrorism, protecting innocent people and supporting those sectors which have a risk of radicalization. To prevent that young adults or even children turn into terrorists the government developed the Equality Act in 2010 which tackles inequality and prevents discrimination against people with 'protected characteristics' inside public schools. Examples for 'protected characteristics' are the age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, the religion, etcetera. In fact of that the British Values are defined as "democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with differe

Portfolio

Designing a great and unique portfolio is one of the most important things to get into a good university or a job. The main aim is to show the best of my work. Regarding to that it is not just about final outcomes but also about experimentation and variation. A good portfolio reflects you as a creative designer, your knowledge about techniques and you  variety . To show that it is necessary to think about the layout and the typography representing your best works. The placement of your images and the scale of them also needs to be considered to make a good impression.  Basically your portfolio is a vital element that shows  your   ability of  conceptual thinking. This past week I concentrated on designing the most Strong portfolio I could create. To be able to that I was looking at all my work that I have done during the last few month choosing the strongest ones. I included different techniques to show off my knowledge and way of experimenting. Furthermore I included s

Create Your Identity

This project helped me to understand what a brand is and how to develop one. Before I started creating a brand which shows my own personality we had to answer a couple questions in collectives. What is the purpose of a brand? Answering the question a brand creates an identity, makes a company unique and recognizable as well as communicates value and quality to the customer. What is an excellent example of self-promotion and why? The brand NIKE is well known around the world and promises the company's value of their products. Because of NIKE having symbiotic relationships with for example celebrities the brand promoting itself to a wide range of people. Is a brand a company, a product, or a person? Discuss and state why. A brand is everything at ones. Basically is a brand developed as soon as somebody or something owns something. For instance a musician who own its songs. When this person decides to create its own collection a brand starts to grow. How do