Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Portfolio



Designing a great and unique portfolio is one of the most important things to get into a good university or a job. The main aim is to show the best of my work. Regarding to that it is not just about final outcomes but also about experimentation and variation.
A good portfolio reflects you as a creative designer, your knowledge about techniques and you variety. To show that it is necessary to think about the layout and the typography representing your best works. The placement of your images and the scale of them also needs to be considered to make a good impression. Basically your portfolio is a vital element that shows your ability of conceptual thinking.

This past week I concentrated on designing the most Strong portfolio I could create.
To be able to that I was looking at all my work that I have done during the last few month choosing the strongest ones.
I included different techniques to show off my knowledge and way of experimenting.
Furthermore I included some research from which I got inspired. Also, to reflect my interest in learning more techniques and my passion about looking at other artworks.
Additionally, my portfolio has to express my skills responding to the course I am applying for. For that reason it was necessary to look at the course description and find out what the collages want me to include in my portfolio as well as the skills that I should have. For that reason I might have to design more portfolio which could be slightly different from each other.

I learned that designing a portfolio is a long process. It is comparable with writing an essay. There are always changes to make to develop it and recently made artworks to add.
My portfolio should have the size of a A3 paper sheet so my images would be good to see.
Furthermore I learned that it is more important to select and layout rather less images with a high quality than include a lot. In this case I show the mentors from the universities that I am able to make choices.

Looking at this weeks task I am happy that we had the opportunity to focus only on our portfolio. It was helpful getting individual feedback from my tutor and be able to improve my work.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

British Values - Individual Liberty

The country Britain not only stands against terrorism and discrimination but also fights against those issues to protect society. The Prevent Strategy was set up in 2006 by the government to stop people supporting terrorism or becoming terrorists. The strategy is subdivided in three major aspects which are challenging the ideology that stands for terrorism, protecting innocent people and supporting those sectors which have a risk of radicalization. To prevent that young adults or even children turn into terrorists the government developed the Equality Act in 2010 which tackles inequality and prevents discrimination against people with 'protected characteristics' inside public schools. Examples for 'protected characteristics' are the age, disability, sex or sexual orientation, the religion, etcetera. In fact of that the British Values are defined as "democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with differe

Create Your Identity

This project helped me to understand what a brand is and how to develop one. Before I started creating a brand which shows my own personality we had to answer a couple questions in collectives. What is the purpose of a brand? Answering the question a brand creates an identity, makes a company unique and recognizable as well as communicates value and quality to the customer. What is an excellent example of self-promotion and why? The brand NIKE is well known around the world and promises the company's value of their products. Because of NIKE having symbiotic relationships with for example celebrities the brand promoting itself to a wide range of people. Is a brand a company, a product, or a person? Discuss and state why. A brand is everything at ones. Basically is a brand developed as soon as somebody or something owns something. For instance a musician who own its songs. When this person decides to create its own collection a brand starts to grow. How do